Is God for us?




Romans 8:31 says that “God is for us.” Here are some scriptures that express how He is indeed for us.

“He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.” (2 Corinthians 5:5) God does not want us to fail. He has sent us the Holy Spirit to guide us and convict us.

“All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to Himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation.” (2 Corinthians 5:18)

“But God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8) God is for us so much that He gave His one and only Son as a sacrifice to pay the full debt of humanity’s sin. He did this to reconcile us to Himself.

“We love because He first loved us.” (1 John 4:19) He already loved us before we gave our lives over to Him. He is definitely for us.

“And this is the promise that He made to us – eternal life.” (1 John 2:25) We are assured eternal life with God.

God is for us. Read the Psalms. David wrote many that showcased God’s love for him as he was delivered from his enemies.
Can believers be defeated?

“Who can be against us?” (Romans 8:31) The answer to this is “no one.” Sure we can be persecuted and hurt here on earth, but eternally we will live and bask in the Glory of Christ forever. “And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear Him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.” (Matthew 10:28) We will never be defeated eternally. God is the only one who can destroy us eternally and praise His name that He is for us.

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Your Daily Expectations

Did I begin today in prayer?

Have I read my Bible today?

Did I give today my best efforts?

Did I make someone’s life a little better today?

Did I take steps towards the dreams I have and God has for my life today?

How did I add value to the world around me today?

Was my attitude ever in the way of me or others having a productive, happy day?

Can I put today behind me, go to sleep, and give tomorrow another chance?

How can I improve my answers tomorrow night?

Am I ending today in prayer?