TRANSFER OF ANOINTING: PST E.A ADEBOYE


Behold I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any mean hurt you.’ (Luke 10:19)
There are three ways the anointing can be transferred from one person to another. Anointing in a man’s life, like the sun, obeys certain natural laws. It can be transferred by conduction. This is when one comes in contact physically with someone who is anointed and desires the anointing. Through a handshake or the laying on the hands, the anointing can be released from the anointed, for example, into the sick and that sickness will be removed.
In our reading, the lame man, who sat at the Beautiful Gate every day, one day asked Peter and John for alms. They saw his faith to receive from them, so Peter commanded him to stand up and walk. But he didn’t until Peter grabbed him. The anointing flowed from Peter into the lame man and that yoke was broken and he rose and began to rejoice. Jesus says, ‘And these signs shall follow them that believe. In my name… they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover’ (Mark 16: 17-18). This is possible through transferred anointing.

Another way anointing can be transferred is by convention. This happens in the same way as taking your car battery for a recharge. It is connected to a source of power and after a while it is fully charged. An anointed man prays over a handkerchief and sends it to the point of need. Even where he cannot go, through the medium of the handkerchief, the anointing can go. This happened in Acts 19: 11-12.

A third method is by radiation. Through the word of mouth of an anointed man of God, the anointing can be transferred via audio- and videocassettes and book to you. In Acts 5: 12-15, the sick were laid on the streets so that Peter’s passing shadow could heal them. This is the highest form of transferred anointing. God has done it for me; he can do it for you too. Whichever type of anointing you require, faith is needed. The crowd thronged Jesus and pushed him here and there without anything happening to them. But the woman with the issue of blood touched in faith and was made whole. Ask in faith today and the anointing will be yours.

READ: Acts 3: 1- 8

Pastor EA Adeboye

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Your Daily Expectations

Did I begin today in prayer?

Have I read my Bible today?

Did I give today my best efforts?

Did I make someone’s life a little better today?

Did I take steps towards the dreams I have and God has for my life today?

How did I add value to the world around me today?

Was my attitude ever in the way of me or others having a productive, happy day?

Can I put today behind me, go to sleep, and give tomorrow another chance?

How can I improve my answers tomorrow night?

Am I ending today in prayer?