BEFORE YOU SAY I DO


1. Prepare yourself for marriage.

Be ready for the responsibilities (education and career preparation) and save up some money. And save yourself for marriage.

"Develop your business first before building your house" (Proverbs 24:27, New Living Translation; see also 1 Corinthians 6:18).

2. Get to really know, understand, respect and love each other.

"Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered" (1 Peter 3:7).


3. Seek counsel.

Parental counsel is still vital (though most marriages are no longer arranged as in Bible times: Matthew 22:2) and ministerial counsel is a great benefit.

"Without counsel, plans go awry, but in the multitude of counselors they are established" (Proverbs 15:22).

I pray that the lord will provide and supply all that you need to fulfill the counsel of God in Marriage in the Name of Jesus

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Your Daily Expectations

Did I begin today in prayer?

Have I read my Bible today?

Did I give today my best efforts?

Did I make someone’s life a little better today?

Did I take steps towards the dreams I have and God has for my life today?

How did I add value to the world around me today?

Was my attitude ever in the way of me or others having a productive, happy day?

Can I put today behind me, go to sleep, and give tomorrow another chance?

How can I improve my answers tomorrow night?

Am I ending today in prayer?