PERSONAL HOLINESS: MUST READ




I want you to be aware of the fact that God has given you weapons for both offensive and defensive warfare. It is unwise to go into battle without being well fortified internally. The more we know about Satan the more furious he is likely to get and the more ready for action he is likely to be. We know that we are winners already. But when one is going for a battle, one has to be alert in order not to be surprised by the enemy. Anybody going to war must think of the weapons for the defensive and the offensive. It would be foolish of a man, for instance, to start driving a car without knowing where the brakes are.


Also, it is only a foolish pilot who would think of flying an aircraft without thinking of landing. Before we begin to think of the offensive weapon against our enemy, we have to know something about the defensive weapons. We must know the things that will make us safe and ready before we begin to deal with demons. If you want to engage in casting out demons, you will have to know how to defend yourself. Demons will hate you when you begin too cast them out. Therefore, if you intend to drive them out, you must know how to protect yourself. On the other hand, if you are not driving them out, you will not be fulfilling the great commission, according to Mark 16:15-18: “And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be dammed. And thee signs shall follow them that believe; in my name they shall cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.”


Our greatest weapon of defense against demons is perfect holiness. If you want to fight against demons and win, all the time, you must be holy. This is one reason why God said that without holiness no one shall see Him (Hebrew 12:14). This simply means that if you are not holy, the devil will take you into its own dwelling ultimately. Casting out demons is not the ultimate. The ultimate is holiness, which consequently grants you access to heaven.

Revelation 12:11 - “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death”.

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Your Daily Expectations

Did I begin today in prayer?

Have I read my Bible today?

Did I give today my best efforts?

Did I make someone’s life a little better today?

Did I take steps towards the dreams I have and God has for my life today?

How did I add value to the world around me today?

Was my attitude ever in the way of me or others having a productive, happy day?

Can I put today behind me, go to sleep, and give tomorrow another chance?

How can I improve my answers tomorrow night?

Am I ending today in prayer?