HEAVENLY WINDOWS


A window serves three main functions: It enables the one inside to see outside; it allow air to flow through an light to shine through. As in the physical, this applies in the spiritual also. When the windows of heaven are shut, there will be no rain and this will cause the rivers to begin to dry up (1 Kgs 17: 1-7). The aftermath of the latter is hunger and starvation. But when they are open, rains of all kinds of blessings will begin to fall. When the heavenly windows are open, God will be able to look through them and see us and what is happening around us. If enemies are encamping around us and setting traps for us, Psalm 2:4 says: ‘He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision.’


When God looks down from heaven and sees somebody he is pleased with, he will pour out showers of blessings that will terminate the drought in the life of that person forever. It does not even matter if that person caused the drought in the first place. In 1 Kings 18:41 -45, Elijah prayed and shut up the windows of heaven, so that for a period, God opened the heavens and down came the rain.


Windows allow air to blow through. While God is self-sufficient, every human being depends on air to live. When God opens the heavenly windows, he blows out heavenly air, filled with fragrance. This air is powerful and releases fresh life into you. When Jesus after his resurrection came into the house where the disciples were assembled (John 20: 21-22), he breathed on them and their fear and weakness disappeared. The Lord will reathed afresh on you.

It was the breath of God at the valley full of dry bones tat resuscitated the dead bodies (Ezek 37:1- 10). Every dry bone in your life will receive fresh life in Jesus’ Name. Lastly, when the heavenly windows open, the light of God that fills the heavens will shine on you and expose and displace every darkness – curses and satanic covenants of long standing. When the light shines on you, it will produce strength for you to arise and begin to shine again, gloriously (Isa 60: 1-5). The Lord will lighten up your life today and fill you with joy.

Ask the Lord to open every heavenly window shut against your life, today. Pray for missionaries around the world.

‘He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision.’ (Ps 2: 4)

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Your Daily Expectations

Did I begin today in prayer?

Have I read my Bible today?

Did I give today my best efforts?

Did I make someone’s life a little better today?

Did I take steps towards the dreams I have and God has for my life today?

How did I add value to the world around me today?

Was my attitude ever in the way of me or others having a productive, happy day?

Can I put today behind me, go to sleep, and give tomorrow another chance?

How can I improve my answers tomorrow night?

Am I ending today in prayer?