WAYS TO INCREASE ANOINTING


Anointing, as described in the Bible, can be defined as "God on flesh doing those things that flesh cannot do." It is God doing those things only He can do, and doing them through a flesh-and-blood, earthly vessel (see II Corinthians 4:7).


I. Pay the Price of Consecration.
The Hebrew word for anointing or unction is Mesha and means "consecratory gift." We need the anointing to set us apart for ministry. In the Old Testament the priests not only needed to offer blood sacrifices for their sins, but they needed to be anointed with oil, before they ministered. We need to be anointed with the presence and power of the Holy Spirit before we minister.

II. Obey the Lord.
The Lord gives the Holy Spirit to those who obey Him (Acts 5:32). God doesn't anoint rebellion. He only anoints obedience. Until we live a life of surrendered obedience we will not walk in the presence and power of the Lord. Samson lost the anointing because he was repeatedly disobedient to his Nazarite vow. The Holy Spirit departed from Saul and a distressing spirit came upon him because of his disobedience.

III. Stay in Faith
Acts 6:4 says of Stephen, "…And they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and the Holy Spirit…"
Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God (Ro. 10:17). There are several ways we can hear the Word of God. We can read it out loud, which is a great exercise for building our faith. We can hear it mentally as we meditate on it. We can hear it preached. Remember in Heb. 11v6 ''But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him''.


IV. Stay in the Word of God 
There is an anointing on the Word of God when read by a believer. The Word of God is referred to as milk. As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby (I Pet. 2:2). One of the key words here is "as." What the Holy Spirit is saying through this verse is that just as a newborn babe demands and craves his mother's milk, we should crave the Word of God regardless of whether we consider ourselves mature and well versed in the scriptures or whether we're newly saved. It has been scientifically proven that babies that feed on their mother's milk during the first twelve months of their development have a greatly reduced risk of developing diabetes and many other diseases than those babies who are fed cow's milk.

V. Love Righteousness and Hate Lawlessness
When you're on God's side, He's on yours. Loving what God loves and hating what God hates is a sure way to receive His blessing of a greater anointing. One of the reasons Jesus was so anointed was because He loved righteousness and hated lawlessness (Heb. 1:9). A people pleasing spirit will quench the anointing. A God pleasing spirit will gain God's favor and increased anointing.
This kind of attitude is evidence of a person who has a heart after God. The Lord is seeking this kind of worshipper. When we get real about not only worshipping God in Spirit, but worshipping Him in TRUTH as well, then He will set a greater anointing upon our lives.

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Your Daily Expectations

Did I begin today in prayer?

Have I read my Bible today?

Did I give today my best efforts?

Did I make someone’s life a little better today?

Did I take steps towards the dreams I have and God has for my life today?

How did I add value to the world around me today?

Was my attitude ever in the way of me or others having a productive, happy day?

Can I put today behind me, go to sleep, and give tomorrow another chance?

How can I improve my answers tomorrow night?

Am I ending today in prayer?