GET CONNECTED TO THE SUPERNATURAL


John 6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.


•• Do you want to connect with the supernatural? Read the Bible. It is made real, understandable, and alive to you by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

•• Jesus said that His very “words ... are spirit and they are life”. Reading the words of God in the Scriptures brings you into direct contact with the supernatural, with the spiritual realm.

•• Matthew 4:4 “It is written: ‘Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’ ” The words of God impart life! We “live” by them. Reading and hearing God’s word exposes us to revelations from the Spirit of God, who inspired the Scriptures in the first place (2 Peter 1:21).

•• This is profound — as you read the Bible, you are experiencing words which are “spirit and life”, words which come to you directly from the supernatural realm of God.

•• With this in mind, my advice to you is to read the Bible slowly. Read it devotionally, stopping to ponder and meditate upon its truths. Give the Holy Spirit time and opportunity to open your understanding to spiritual things.

Romans 8:14-16 ... those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, {“Abba,} Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

•• Who of us would not wish to be consistently “led by the Spirit”? That’s one of the reasons why we pray. Prayer opens and sensitizes our spirits to the Holy Spirit’s voice. Prayer goes a long way towards eliminating that unfortunate disconnect between the natural and the supernatural.

•• Although we are body, soul, and spirit (1 Thessalonians 5:23), there is a special affinity of the Holy Spirit with our spirit. As the apostle wrote, “The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit” (Romans 8:16, KJV). Spirit to spirit — that is the deepest level of communication. That is the level at which we most effectively connect with the supernatural.


•• As we sincerely pray and worship God, a spiritual sensitivity develops and takes the ascendancy over the downward, desensitizing pull of our carnal nature.

•• The apostle John received the closing book of the Bible, the Revelation, when he was “in the Spirit on the Lord’s day” (Revelation 1:10).

•• The prophets of the Bible, said Peter in 2 Peter 1:21, “spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit”. “Carried along”! What a descriptive phrase. Like a man peacefully floating down a river, entirely submitted to its current, the prophets were “carried along” by the flow of the Spirit’s leading and voice.

•• To summarize, devote yourself to prayer, to worshiping God, to thinking about and meditating upon the things of God. And you will find yourself increasingly experiencing the supernatural realm.

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Your Daily Expectations

Did I begin today in prayer?

Have I read my Bible today?

Did I give today my best efforts?

Did I make someone’s life a little better today?

Did I take steps towards the dreams I have and God has for my life today?

How did I add value to the world around me today?

Was my attitude ever in the way of me or others having a productive, happy day?

Can I put today behind me, go to sleep, and give tomorrow another chance?

How can I improve my answers tomorrow night?

Am I ending today in prayer?