Happy Birthday @65: Pastor Mrs Folu Adeboye

Pastor Mrs Folu Adeboye, the wife to Pastor E.A Adeboye; the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, adds a year. She was born on the 13th July 1948.

Born and christened Foluke Adenike Adeyokunu, in Ilesa, Osun State, Mummy G.O. as she is fondly called turns 64.

She is a preacher, a prophetess, an educationist, author, artiste, counsellor, philanthropist, the loving wife of Pastor Adeboye and affectionate mother to all.

She is involved in rehabilitating those hawking on the street which she calls Pet Project and wholistic Outreach.

She rose through the ‘little New Testament Bible’ she presented to Daddy G.O. as a token of gift on his birthday to become a leading light and, of course, a testament in every respect in God’s vineyard.

How she met Pastor Adeboye

She met Adeboye in 1965 and they got married on September 8, 1967. Said Adeboye on their courtship, “the only challenge I would say we had during our courtship was probably the strictness of her dad who was a minister in the Methodist Church. I could only visit her daughter when someone was present. If we went for a stroll, it had to be for a very limited time. Looking back now, I am very grateful to God for this because the old man was following the examples laid down by the scriptures.”

Her interview with RTM Crew

It is heart warming to know few things about her. In the interview she said:

“I wake up at 3.am to start praying. I pray till 6.am when we have family devotion and do not go back to sleep afterward”. May I ask, sincerely, how many people do this? She continued on her prayer life. “I love prayer so much, whenever my husband go to minister, I would be praying for him and God often told me something about the ministration, for example when my husband went to Ibadan to minister, the Holy Spirit told me that a dumb woman received her miracle. So when he came home I asked him about the dumb woman who got her miracle. He was surprised and asked who told me. I told him that the Holy Spirit had told me about it.”

When she was asked about how working mothers could cope with such a rigours prayer life? She said that when her family was in Ilorin, she was a then a teacher, she would prepare meal for every members of her family very early as every member of her family would be out by 7:15pm and they would come home by 10pm. She is so committed to her family that till now she does not allow any other person to cook for her husband. What an exemplary mother and wife

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Your Daily Expectations

Did I begin today in prayer?

Have I read my Bible today?

Did I give today my best efforts?

Did I make someone’s life a little better today?

Did I take steps towards the dreams I have and God has for my life today?

How did I add value to the world around me today?

Was my attitude ever in the way of me or others having a productive, happy day?

Can I put today behind me, go to sleep, and give tomorrow another chance?

How can I improve my answers tomorrow night?

Am I ending today in prayer?