GOD DESIRES TO SEE US LIVE A LONG GOOD LIFE


 Did you know that God desires to see us live a long good life? Many today believe that when a person dies, it was God's timing for them to die and that the fullness of their days have been lived out according to God's will. However, according to the Bible, God's will isn't always manifested here on earth as God desires it, and there is no guarantee that we will live out the fullness of our days.



Yes, I believe that God has appointed our days, and has a plan for our lives, but my question is, are we fulfilling those years? Are we living to our full potential? Consider these passages that we are given in God's Word, which speak of extending our lifespan:




The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.
Proverbs 10:27

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. For by me thy days shall be multiplied, and the years of thy life shall be increased.
Proverbs 9:10-11

My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments: For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.Proverbs 3:1-2


Yes, we can die before our time!Let me ask you this, when a person has an abortion, is that God's appointed time for that baby to die? When somebody commits suicide, is that God's appointed time for them to die? When somebody gets drunk, and kills an entire family, was that God's appointed time for them to die? Is it Biblical to "die before your time"? YES!

Be not over much wicked, neither be thou foolish: why shouldest thou die before thy time?
Ecclesiastes 7:17

But thou, O God, shalt bring them down into the pit of destruction: bloody and deceitful men shall not live out half their days; but I will trust in thee.
Psalms 55:23


To say that we cannot die before our time, would justify murder and abortion. Somebody who has committed murder would not be guilty of sin, because they were merely cooperating with God's plan to take the person home. But murder is a serious sin, because it takes a person's life before it is their time to die.

Just as it is never God's will for a woman to be raped, or a child to be molested, it is also not necessarily God's will for a person to die before their time. Not everything that happens here on earth is the will of God. If everything that happened here on earth was God's will, then that would make God out to be a terrible father... desiring to see His children raped, murdered, molested, and tortured. Such things are in complete opposition to the nature of our loving Father.


GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.
Ezekiel 18:32


Is it Biblical to "fullfill their days"? Yes!There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.
Isaiah 65:20

Then in various areas of scripture, we learn of God giving people over to the sword because they failed to turn from their wickedness:

All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, which say, The evil shall not overtake nor prevent us.
Amos 9:10

Prayer point:
Untimely death shall be far away from us in the name of Jesus

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Your Daily Expectations

Did I begin today in prayer?

Have I read my Bible today?

Did I give today my best efforts?

Did I make someone’s life a little better today?

Did I take steps towards the dreams I have and God has for my life today?

How did I add value to the world around me today?

Was my attitude ever in the way of me or others having a productive, happy day?

Can I put today behind me, go to sleep, and give tomorrow another chance?

How can I improve my answers tomorrow night?

Am I ending today in prayer?