I need Cash by Pst. Mrs. Faith Oyedepo



Why do I need cash?
If you were asked the question: Do you need some cash? Without thinking for too long, the likely answer will be: ‘’Yes I do!’’ I won’t be surprised at your answer, because cash is an important factor in the buying and selling world today. Cash or money is required and is the acceptable means of exchange both for goods and services in everyday living, ranging from provision of food and clothing, to provision of shelter.
Some times in the past, humans were exchanged for goods and services. But in our world presently, cash or money is the legal tender, universally acceptable ever since the abolishment of slave trade. So, irrespective of where you live, work or school, it is necessary to have a handy cash to be able to meet your daily needs and wants.
So far, we have been able to establish the fact that it is not a sin to want to have some cash in hand.
Where have I gone wrong in my need for cash?
Cash or money is described by the Bible as the unrighteous mammon. For clarity of purpose, Luke 16:11 says: If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?
As good as it is to need cash, if care is not taken and due process observed, the unrighteous character of money begins to rule your mind, as a youth. Therefore, be careful not to allow the need for cash to lead you the wrong path. Some youth would even prefer to steal or rob others, or even prostitute themselves, just to satisfy their need for cash. This is displeasing to God, and unacceptable in the society.
In 1 Timothy 6:10, the Bible makes us to understand that the love of money is the root of evil. 1 Tim 6:10-11 says: 0 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
We, therefore, as youths must never allow ourselves to come to that point when our love for God and love for His kingdom becomes substituted by the love of money.
I always tell the youths each time I have the opportunity to talk on cash, that the reasons why they probably have lost faith in God’s ability to meet their financial needs are mainly based on two factors. These are ingratitude ( unthankfulness) and discontentment.
Ingratitude:
For every need, whether met or yet to be met, God expects us to show appreciation. He expects us to give Him thanks.
Col 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. Grumbling and murmuring do not bring solution to any of your financial needs. They only block your access to God’s throne; this is why God expects nothing less than thanksgiving in all things (Ps 92:1).
Remember that it was after Jesus gave thanks for the seven loaves of bread and few little fishes that they multiplied. After that the multitudes were fed to their satisfaction with seven basket full as left over, Matthew 15:36 And he took the seven loaves and the fishes, and gave thanks, and brake them, and gave to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude. Maybe you have been thinking that God has forgotten you; probably you also think that He has no idea of your need for cash. Good news! He wants you to have abundance of life and all that makes life good, and this include supplying all your needs according to His riches in Glory. Philippians 4:19 says: But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Food for thought: When was the last time you said ‘Thanks Lord for the cash in my hands and for the one I need?’
You need Jesus in your life; you must be born again to live that excellent kind of life. Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and other things will be added unto you (Rom 6:33). Say this prayer in faith with me as I lead you to Jesus. He loves you and wants you safe in His arms: Lord Jesus, I come to You today, forgive me my sins, wash me in Your precious blood, come and dwell in my heart and be my Lord and Personal Savior. Thank You for saving me for I know that I am now born again. You are now a new being, congratulations.

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Your Daily Expectations

Did I begin today in prayer?

Have I read my Bible today?

Did I give today my best efforts?

Did I make someone’s life a little better today?

Did I take steps towards the dreams I have and God has for my life today?

How did I add value to the world around me today?

Was my attitude ever in the way of me or others having a productive, happy day?

Can I put today behind me, go to sleep, and give tomorrow another chance?

How can I improve my answers tomorrow night?

Am I ending today in prayer?