Healed of Cancer Through Confession of God's Promise

Jerry Baysinger is a man who believes the Bible. When the Bible told him that he could be healed by God, Jerry believed it, even though his doctor had told him that he had terminal cancer. Because Jerry believed the Bible, he confessed his way back to health. His story is a witness to God’s willingness to heal in this present time.

Jerry now has a dynamic healing ministry of his own. He said, "It all started about 11 years ago. I had developed a number of growths on my skin, so I went to the doctor. He gave me some bad news - I had melanoma, an aggressive form of cancer that starts from a mole or pigmented area. The only hope was to operate and cut out the tumors. I dreaded this surgery and expected it to be disfiguring. Then surgery had to be put on hold because my pre-operative blood tests showed that I had something wrong in my liver.

"After running more tests, the doctor said, ‘Jerry, I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you do not have to have the surgery. The bad news is that surgery would be a waste of your time. You have cancer of the liver so advanced that you will most likely be dead in less than a month. You need to get your affairs in order. There is nothing medically that can be done.’

"I felt stunned. I became hot all over and my hair stood up on end. My first reaction was for my wife - I had been married just 4 years and I loved her so much. I worried about what would happen to her, and hurt so badly for her that it took me a long time to tell her about it all.

"I told her, and the next week, I went to church and asked the church elders to anoint me with oil and pray for me; this is what the Bible says to do in the book of James. After they prayed, I trusted my situation to Jesus, and resolved not to worry.

"A few days later, I noticed that the melanomas had started going away. However, the symptoms I had from liver cancer intensified. Not only did the pain get worse, but also I lost a lot of weight. In addition, I was very weak, and it was hard to keep up my furniture repair business. Day by day, I seemed to be getting worse.

"One day as I was reading the Bible, I spoke to the Lord and said, ‘Lord, I committed my life to you. I had the elders pray for me as you commanded. Are you going to heal me? God answered me in a surprising way. He said, ‘I have already healed you. Read, believe and confess Psalm 103, vs 2.
Ps 103:1-5

Bless the LORD, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!

2 Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:

3 Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,

4 Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,

5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
In particular, verses 2-3 say, Bless the Lord o my soul and forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all of your diseases.


"I began to tell people that God had healed me, even though I could see no physical evidence of healing. My customers would ask me how I was doing, and I would tell them that I was healed, even though I looked pretty sick. They saw my weight drop down to 86 pounds, and they saw me on days when I could scarcely get around, but I constantly confessed that God had already healed me."

Gradually, the Word began to bear fruit in Jerry’s life. He started to notice signs of improvement. The pain began to lessen, he started to put on weight and he gained strength. Eventually he was completely free of cancer. That was 10 years ago. Today, Jerry has a powerful healing ministry, and reports many astonishing miracles, including an experience of calling his best friend back from the dead.


Jerry said, "I do not know why God chose me to have these gifts. I certainly was not worthy of it. The only thing I can say about myself is that I am one of these people who are dumb enough to believe that the Bible is true. All I do is believe Him 100%. He says that we can have healing, if we will believe. That is the only requirement, to fear not, only believe.

"It is impossible for God to lie. He said in three places in the Bible that we are healed by the stripes of Jesus (Isaiah 53:5, Matthew 8:17 and I Peter 2:24). We are healed for the same reason that we are saved, because Jesus, King of the Jews, came and died for our sins. He did not die for His own sins, but for yours and mine. Our sins are the only thing that can separate us from God, and God has already done everything to end that separation. All we have to believe him, and confess the truth with our mouth.

"Psalm 103 shows that God both forgives our sins and heals our diseases. We will not be saved unless we believe in and confess our salvation. In the same way, we will not be healed unless we believe in and confess our healing. God makes things easy. With salvation, all we have to do is receive it, and we can do the same for healing. Anyone who believes the Lord shall be saved. That word means healed, delivered, and set free.


"Believe me when I tell you that God has counted every hair on your head. You at He did for me, He will do for you."

By Linda Josef

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Your Daily Expectations

Did I begin today in prayer?

Have I read my Bible today?

Did I give today my best efforts?

Did I make someone’s life a little better today?

Did I take steps towards the dreams I have and God has for my life today?

How did I add value to the world around me today?

Was my attitude ever in the way of me or others having a productive, happy day?

Can I put today behind me, go to sleep, and give tomorrow another chance?

How can I improve my answers tomorrow night?

Am I ending today in prayer?