OPPOSING FORCES: MUST READ


The world is a battle field. We are constantly engaged in warfare against the powers of darkness whenever we pull in one direction, opposing forces try to pull in another direction. They have vowed to give us a tough fight because we are the only ones giving them sleepless nights. However, the Bible has made us to know that we are not wrestling against flesh and blood but against supernatural powers.


You may ask: what are the reasons for our wrestling. Why are we wrestling with agents of government and religious forces? The answer is clear: we are of God, His children, and have overcome them: because “greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.” Because we belong to the army of the Lord, it means that, by implication, we are the light. The forces we are fighting are the forces of darkness.In

John 1:5, it is written: “This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.” It is axiomatic that light and darkness cannot be friends. There is no way that I can be a friend of a witch, just in the same way I can hardly be a friend of an unrepentant armed robber. The fact that we daily labour to establish the Kingdom of God makes us the only ones seriously praying, according to Matthew 6:9-10: “After this manner, therefore ye pray: our father which art in heaven.” The fact that we are striving to install the Kingdom of God on earth means we are plotting to demolish the kingdom of the devil.

Those of us who belong in God’s camp constitute a terror to the enemy because we are systematically destroying the kingdom of darkness. Mind you, the powers of darkness will not give up. They usually fight on, even when they suffer on defeat after another.

 I Peter 4:4 - wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you:”

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Your Daily Expectations

Did I begin today in prayer?

Have I read my Bible today?

Did I give today my best efforts?

Did I make someone’s life a little better today?

Did I take steps towards the dreams I have and God has for my life today?

How did I add value to the world around me today?

Was my attitude ever in the way of me or others having a productive, happy day?

Can I put today behind me, go to sleep, and give tomorrow another chance?

How can I improve my answers tomorrow night?

Am I ending today in prayer?