BLASPHEMING AGAINST AN ANOINTED MAN OF GOD


 Blasphemy does not only entail speaking against the Lord or the Holy Spirit. It is also possible to blaspheme a man of God. This is rampant today. Blaspheming against an anointed man of God is evil. When Angel Michael came for the corpse of Moses, Satan tried to stop him. Satan claimed that the corpse belonged to him. Angel Michael could not resist Satan. He actually said something surprising. Jude verse 9: “Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.” Angel Michael could not speak against Satan. The reason for this is found in Ezekiel 28:14: “Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so; thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stone of fire.” Satan is called an anointed cherub.





Mark 3:29 - “But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:”
No one has the right to speak against an anointed man of God, no matter how far he has gone into sin. No matter how wicked the person is, he cannot be as wicked as the devil. Satan was an anointed cherub so Angel Michael could not say anything against him. He said God would have to deal with him. How many times have you spoken wrongly about any anointed man of God?


The anointing is very important and we should start appreciating it. God had told jezebel that when she died, dogs would eat her corpse; the dogs did not eat from her head. This was because she was a queen. Her forehead had been anointed with oil. The dogs recognized that she was anointed. What is the significant of the anointing oil? It is the Holy Spirit of God. In the Trinity, the Holy Spirit is referred to as the Consuming Fire. Jesus Christ confirmed to us that any sin against the Holy Spirit couldn’t be forgiven, now or forever.

We are not to speak against the anointed of God. If you have ever spoken evil against any anointed of God, you should go and restitute. If you fail to make amends, the anointing may work against you in life. Think of what you can do to receive positive blessings from the anointing of a man of God today.



By: Pst. E.A Adeboye


No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Your Daily Expectations

Did I begin today in prayer?

Have I read my Bible today?

Did I give today my best efforts?

Did I make someone’s life a little better today?

Did I take steps towards the dreams I have and God has for my life today?

How did I add value to the world around me today?

Was my attitude ever in the way of me or others having a productive, happy day?

Can I put today behind me, go to sleep, and give tomorrow another chance?

How can I improve my answers tomorrow night?

Am I ending today in prayer?